Why FUEL UP??
If your body isn’t nourished, if your blood sugar is low, if you haven’t taken care of your body’s hydration needs, putting in the fuel that you need to thrive & grow, then how can you logically do anything at your best? You can’t. And you absolutely can’t think at your best if you’re not well nourished! So FUEL UP is always the first step! Take the step now, then continue reading!
Fueling up is the first thing I do before I do anything. Fueling my body up with the nutrients and fluids it needs, ensures I’m feeling, thinking, living, & existing optimally, & sets myself up with the capacity to actually create large, visceral, & visible, positive change on our planet. It all starts with what you put into your body. What are you eating and drinking, when are you eating and drinking, and finally, are you eating and drinking enough?!
We all have different bodies and a differing genetic makeup, which is why there isn’t exactly the right way or wrong way to fuel up, but I find it empowering to experiment with what I’m putting into my body! This can be kind of hard if you’re just starting to become more conscious as to what you’re consuming, so here are a few simple questions to ask yourself as you go about your days eating meals, snacking, and drinking.
- How does your body feel immediately after you’ve fueled up?
- How does your mind feel- Has what you’ve put into your body affected your mood?
- How does your body & mind feel a couple of hours later?
Ask yourself these three questions every day, figure out what works, what doesn’t work, and what could work better. Then modify! LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!!
If you’d like a head start, then just pull up google and do a little research! It feels absolutely FANTASTIC to create a specific FUEL UP plan for yourself! So get to it!
The next two steps in my mindset philosophy is to TRAIN UP & THINK UP, but we’ll get to those in the next couple of posts here! Until then here’s a very brief summary of how I fuel up, as well as the recipe for what you may have seen on my Instagram!
Swedish Dave’s Fuel Up Program
- Drink hella water
- Consume as little animal fat as possible
- Eat lots & lots of plant-based fats
- Have a balance of lean protein, vegetables, and complex carbs at most meals
- Throwback a meal replacement smoothie when time or your body calls for it
- Help yourself recover with a protein shake, bar, or both, after every workout
- Make your last fuel up a few hours before going to bed at night
- Enjoy one day a week as a free day, where all of the above guidelines may be ignored
Swedish Dave’s Spicy Style Daily Harvest Bowl
- Nuke that DH bowl for 5 mins
- Fry a cage free happy chicken egg in some olive oil
- Squirt healthy dose of Sriracha on a plate
- Dump cooked DH on plate
- Place some broccoli & Mezzetta Hot Peppers all cute like around the DH
- Gently slide that egg on top
*Meal prep time: 6 minutes