Your body needs to be sufficiently worked. It needs to sweat. You have to use your body the way it was designed to be used in order to feel 100%. Otherwise, you are not going to feel even close to it! Ever notice how a dog gets depressed and mopey if it hasn’t been run into the ground? Us humans are the same and need to get worked too! But no one is going to run you. You have to make the commitment to “run” yourself, to TRAIN UP yourself!!
Training up is the second thing I do in my 3 step process towards KILLING IT AT LIFE!
I know, sometimes it feels almost impossible to “work out”. for an infinite number of reasons. We are tired from a long day at work. We’re depressed. We’re just fucking over it. We’re cozy on the couch, whatever.
How do we quash all of the excuses and give our bodies the chance to receive the endorphins it needs. To FEEL LIKE A MILLION BUCKS?!! Well, there are many ways to do this, but a very simple and effective way is to reframe your mind. Trick yourself! Don’t call it “working out”, call it something else!
What is the right way to TRAIN UP??
We all have different bodies and differing genetic makeup. Which means there isn’t exactly the right way or wrong way to Train Up. But that’s just great because just like with Fueling Up, it’s super fun & empowering to experiment! How do you feel when you’re training up a certain way, you’re moving this or that body part. Teach yourself how to get the exercise you need specifically so that your body feels at its best!
So get moving, and remember that reframing “working out’’ is a life hack that will get you off the couch. To a place where you can start sweating & FEEL GREAT! Hell, even stay on the couch if you want! Find a way to sweat there! 😉
If you really & truly want to feel great, just start reframing now! Here are a few suggestions:
- Take a dog to a park, the mountains, a lake, wherever and PLAY!
- Invite a friend to a casual (or not so casual) game of pickleball & PLAY!
- Get on a fun sports league and PLAY on a set schedule with your friends!
- Push the limits of your mind. Go for a run. As you propel yourself forward think of all the Self-doubt and negative thoughts that you are leaving behind.
- Make anything and everything into a game! Do your chores faster. Run from your car to your home. Do as many sets of push-ups as you can. While you do them focus your mind on PUSHING AWAY ALL THE THOUGHTS THAT DOESN’T SERVE YOU!
- Don’t “work out”, TAKE YOUR FUCKING MEDICINE! – You know how to get it!
The next step in my mindset philosophy is to THINK UP. Now check your mindset, do some reframing, get stoked to TRAIN UP, and do it RIGHT NOW! You won’t regret it, I promise. If you’re not getting busy living, you’re getting busy dying, so START LIVING NOW!!
Until next time!